BU Linguistics students, faculty, and alums are all over the 2021 LSA Meeting schedule:
- Ying Gong & Elizabeth Coppock, “Mandarin has degree abstraction after all” (‘Semantics I’ oral session, Friday 11:30am PT)
- Felix Kpogo & Charles B. Chang, “Developmental variation in production of complex-simplex stop contrasts in Ga” (‘Language Acquisition’ poster session, Friday 2:00pm-3:30pm PT)
- Lee-Ann Vidal Covas, “Filled pauses as a site of language contact among Spanish-speaking Bostonians” (‘Sociolinguistics II’ poster session, Sat 4:00pm-5:30pm PT)
- Gregory Scontras (BA ’08), with Yongjia Song & Abimael Hernandez Jimenez, “Cross-linguistic scope ambiguity: An investigation of English, Spanish, and Mandarin” (‘Semantics/Pragmatics I’ poster session, Friday 9:00am-10:30am PT)
- Maxwell Kaplan (MA ’18), with Amulya Raju & Sudha Arunachalam, “On-line processing of completion in event descriptions with a visual world paradigm” (‘Psycholinguistics I’ poster session, Friday 9:00am-10:30am PT)
Best wishes to all for a stimulating and productive conference!